Denman Island Chocolate were one of the first organic chocolate businesses in Canada and helped to lead the natural and organic food movement here in BC. Their founder Daniel is a great guy who has always been helpful to me with my business. Not only a nice guy, Daniel is a great chocolatier who makes damb tastey chocolate bars. A couple years ago I hosted an organic chocolate tasting party with a bunch of my friends and collegues who hands down chose Denman Island Chocolate as their favorite tasting chocolate bar!
Top 5 things we love about Denman Island Chocolate
- Namaste – their organic chocolate Buddha with hazelnut belly is rad. We like to throw those in random corporate gifts just for fun to put smiles on people’s faces
- Rich and smooth taste won the Saul Good chocolate taste test hands down
- Local ingredients – using local organic BC hazelnuts in some of their bars wins high praise with our standards
- Ride on! Daniel loads up his bike trailer with outgoing orders for shipping at the Denman Island post office, saweet.
- Roots natty roots – we totally respect how they were the first in what has become a growing and significant industry in the organic food movement.
Try out their products in some of our chocolate gift baskets and you won’t be disappointed!